Who we are:
Arcadia Data is a well–funded series–A startup in the big data visualization and analytics space. We have an outstanding team that is innovative, technically skilled, highly motivated, and fun. We work hard, we have a great time doing it, and we take work–life balance seriously.
We are based in San Mateo CA and Campbell CA, offer flexible working hours, a positive work environment, stock options, challenging work, excellent growth potential, plus both scheduled and unscheduled catered events.
This position is for hands-on development of features, extensions, and fixes within the Arcadia Data UI development team. Candidate must be comfortable taking a high level functional description into an implementation within an active existing codebase.
• Hands-on development of features and extensions within the Arcadia Data UI Framework. (50%)
o Writing Unit tests using framework specified to cover areas of code which are difficult to get to and ensure no regressions.
o Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
o Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Work closely with Product Management and understand requirements. (5%)
o Requirements provided will be reviewed and estimated to accommodate further planning.
• Build and review a functional spec document to showcase APIs or interaction points. (5%)
o Work closely with QA and Documentation team to consume interfaces and appropriately test and document.
• Build and review design spec document to highlight implementation approach. (5%)
o Document and review the design of proposed feature amongst peers and technical architect
• Work closely with QA team in training, suggesting test cases, and reviewing test plans. (5%)
o Conduct training, guide the test resources, and review test plans.
• Fix bugs identified by QA or Customers. (20%)
o Debug and fix bugs to ensure stability and reduce regressions.
• Build presentation and training material for sales and support team. (5%)
• Interact with customers and provide customizations to products where needed. (5%)
HTML, CSS, DOM structure and browser execution environment
Problem solving/troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
Good to have:
D3 or a similar graphics library
Understanding of SQL and data analytics
Python/Django webserver experience
Hadoop ecosystem familiarity